- Establish the Wines of British Columbia (BC VQA) as the preferred premium wine brand in BC and build market share.
- Provide leadership on key industry issues.
- Lobby governments to put in place policies that will create a better business climate for the wine industry.
- Communicate with members and stakeholders on key industry issues and happenings.
The British Columbia Wine Institute is a voluntary trade organization with a membership comprised of licensed BC wineries that produce BC VQA Wines. The BCWI Bylaws also provide for associate members, which are BC VQA Wine Stores. Grapegrower partners are also welcome to join the BCWI.
As the lead wine association in British Columbia, our strong membership base represents:
- 158 winery members, which includes all 3 large, 23 medium and 132 small wineries
- 94% of total grape wine sales in BC
- 94% of total BC VQA Wine sales in BC
- 19 BC VQA Wine Store associate members
- 7 grapegrower partners