- Establish the Wines of British Columbia (BC VQA) as the preferred premium wine brand in BC and build market share.
- Provide leadership on key industry issues.
- Lobby governments to put in place policies that will create a better business climate for the wine industry.
- Communicate with members and stakeholders on key industry issues and happenings.
The British Columbia Wine Institute is a voluntary trade organization with a membership comprised of licensed BC wineries that produce BC VQA Wines. The BCWI Bylaws also provide for non-voting associate members, which include micro-production wineries, BC VQA Wine store operators and BC Grapegrowers' Association member.
As the peak wine association in British Columbia, our strong winery membership base represents:
- 166 winery members, which includes all 3 large, 32 medium and 131 small wineries
- 94% of total BC VQA Wine sales in BC