Content Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Content Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, management and execution of the BC Wine Institute’s consumer facing content strategy to maximize the impact of content as a key component of marketing communications.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Content Marketing Strategy
- Develop, manage and execute fiscal content marketing strategy, including processes
- Ensure strategy and projects meet organizational objectives
- Develop fiscal calendar to plan, create, publish/deliver, manage, monitor, archive content across all BCWI’s communication platforms and distribution channels
- Develop key messaging appropriate for each target audience
- Content Creation and Distribution
- Develop content
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels
- Supervise writers, photographers, videographers, designers; and be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Identify best-fit channels and platforms to distribute content, maximize targets, and support/extend marketing initiatives
- Develop and execute product content acquisition strategies that identify, recruit and manage product content supplier partnerships
- Form and foster partnerships with content distribution partners
- Social Media
- Define and execute annual social marketing plan
- Monitor KPIs and account for outputs of social media channels
- Industry Communications
- Research, write and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual industry updates and reports
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor, evaluate, report on and make recommendations on published content and results
- Research and Analysis
- Conduct bi-annual competitive analyses (winter/summer)
- Monitor digital, social media and tourism industry trends
- Research new developments in the content field to inform strategies and processes
- Fiscal Budget
- Forecast and propose fiscal budget requirements
- Manage assigned project budgets and revenues
- Maintain accurate documentation that meets audit requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and/or content marketing
- Experience planning, managing and executing integrated and digital marketing programs
- Experience developing research-driven marketing plans
- Management and mentorship of high performance marketing team members
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience managing content production and curation for multi-channel distribution
This is a full-time position.
Travel at the expense of the BC Wine Institute may be required from time to time.
How To Apply
Applications accepted by email only to Kim Barnes, Marketing Director KBarnes@WineBC.com.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, addressing your relevant experience, along with your resume by 9:00 AM (Pacific), Wednesday, June 14, 2017. Please no phone calls.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.